I'm not such a fan of toners or cleansers, actually. Admittedly, I don't know what's the difference between the two or should I use one or both, you should send me comments/messages regarding that lol (Update: Now I know! Lol!). Seriously, I don't know how they differ from each other, but for personal use, I only use one since daily regimen could be a hassle if I apply a lot of beauty products over my face haha! Since I already bought the other Gluta-C products, it would be non-sense if I skip the toner, right?
So one of the Gluta-C products I recently purchased was this Gluta-C Intense Whitening Toner. I promised to post a review for it on my Gluta-C Product Haul Post so, here it is!
- Witch Hazel Extract - for itching, irritated skin, also used as astringents to tighten the skin
- Iris Florentina Extract - a revitalizing anti-aging ingredient that is rich in natural isoflavones, stimulates skin to compensate for decreased metabolic activity due to aging, fortify the dermis by limiting the degradation of structural proteins, reduces the depth of wrinkles, improves skin hydration and elasticity for an overall improvement in skin tone, useful in anti-aging or anti-stress products, has estrogen-like activity that helps to fight against wrinkle formation, dryness and skin slackening
- Green Tea Extract - naturally rich in antioxidants, protects the skin from the damaging effect of free radicals, influence the tone and health of the skin, decrease wrinkles and makes skin young-looking, slows down aging process, a good anti-inflammatory agent thereby reducing inflammation in the skin, helps to inhibit collagenase which promote the health and quantity of collagen, maintains a firm and elastic skin, gives skin a healthy glow.
- Glutathione - works to clear the body of free radicals and toxins that can lead to serious skin problems like hyperpigmentation and melasma, as well as more common ones like sun spots
- Vitamin C - works well with Glutathione
- Dioscorea Villosa - used to enhance the appearance of dry or damaged skin by reducing flaking and restoring suppleness
I use the toner twice a day after cleansing my face. I do this by putting the right amount of toner on a cotton ball then gently apply it all over my face and neck in a gentle circular motion. For added benefits, I use Gluta-C Intense Whitening Facial Day Cream in the morning and Gluta-C Intense Whitening Facial Serum in the evening, then afterwards, the Gluta-C Insta-White Cream.
Texture and Consistency
Product comes in a watery formula that's amber-colored. So cute!
What I like
- The scent. I super love the citrus-y scent of the formula. It smells like Green-Tea--as far as I know, all of the Gluta-C Products have Green Tea extracts except for their facial cream and serum. It smells not too strong for it is an alcohol-free toner! Another plus for this product!
- The price. It retails for only 99php for a 100ml bottle.
- Effectiveness. I'd give it a 9/10 if I should rate it. I love how it works its wonders on my skin. It's actually better than my previous toner! I always love how it double cleanse my face pretty well for a toner. It's moisturizing too, but does not leave my skin feeling greasy/oily just how my previous cleanser did.
- Availability. I think it's available in many drugstores nationwide since I always find it anywhere I go (Watsons, Savemore, Department stores, Supermarkets).
- The ingredients. Some of the ingredients that I know are very effective and natural and included in the formula are; Witch Hazel Extract, Iris Florentina Root Extract, Green Tea Extract, Glutathione, Vitamin C, Discorea Villosa.
- Gentleness. Definitely no stinging or burning sensation and do not trigger breakouts.
What I don't like:
- I didn't notice any whitening nor pore minimizing effects after more or less a month of usage. While I use this product together with other Gluta-C products, there are still breakouts on my skin, something that's worth mentioning since it promises to prevent acne. As for the oil control properties, I am not yet satisfied since I really have oily and big pores which I still haven't solved yet. You can guarantee it won't leave your face oily after application though eventually my skin would oil up just how it normally would.
So that's my review post for Gluta-C toner! This is a good drugstore brightening toner given its availability and pricec although I have tried a few other toners better than this. Anyway, for more reviews regarding other Gluta-C products, click the links below! Leave a comment and start a conversation if you like! Happy blogging!
Keep updated by following me on my social media accounts: